Yes, finally! I spent my lunch break hunting and watching live-feeds of the conference yesterday and I must say, I loved it. Here's what I got:
- awesome design by the Apple team, as usual.
- iBook. use it as an alternative ebook reader to the Kindle.
- Price. Starting at $499?! Wow.
- Cheap G3. $30 a month unlimited.
- 10 hr. battery life, WHILE watching videos or on wi-fi. That's just amazing.
- Syncs with iTunes, and as a bonus also syncs with iTunes on Windows.
- no multitasking. Not a really big deal, since this is a tablet. Adding a "Spaces" like feature might be nice though.
- memory. 16, 32, or 64 gig. Not bad for what you'll DO with the iPad, but still, I like my space.
- the name, "iPad", Steve was using his sense of humor with this one
- no flash. meh. that's annoying.
- no native camera. It does have an attachment for a camera, but i'd like a built-in iSight better.
- no native USB. Has connectors for USB ports, but ehe.
Overall, I DO want the iPad, but I'll wait till the next version comes out. The product looks amazing, and has an excellent design, but I think in just 6 months it will be so much better.
More about the conference, Steve Jobs looked pretty good. He seemed a little tired but overall it looks like he's doing well. I'm happy about that. It'll be a sad, sad day when Steve has to step down from Apple permanently.